January 1, 2012

Finally...

This season has been tough. It seems like fate, life or whatever you want to call it has decided to do everything it can to prevent me from spending time in the woods. Granted, some of the things I've done I've deliberately chosen over spending time in the stand. Those things i do not regret! For example, of course my family has been my top priority...time spent with loved ones will always trump time spent in a tree!

But even the enjoyable things have drained me. My emotional well is running dry. I've felt pulled in too many directions this season. I have mostly felt surrounded and inundated by life's noise. The things I want to do and the things I feel like I have to do are rarely on the same path lately. The thing is, I don't know what to do about it.

I realized on my way to the stand this afternoon that this is probably the least time I've hunted since I began this journey. What the hell is wrong with me? I'm furious with myself but truly don't know what I could have done to change anything. I feel helpless to change it and that infuriates me.

I was determined to hunt today. It's the first day of a new year. I refused to allow the noise of my life overwhelm me and prevent me from doing what I love on this day. So FINALLY I'm in a stand. At this point that's going to have to be enough.

1 comment:

  1. OH WAH WAH you poor thing you don't have the time to go out and practice your inner desire to murder and take innocent lives. I'm sure all the animals you can't wait to throw on some ugly ass clothes to kill them in are happy though. Babe in the woods lol, I literally laughed out loud on my bed with my dog sitting next to me and declared "what a douche bag" i then proceeded to show my friend and we had a good laugh at your expense so thanks for that at least. "I was determined to go on a murder spree today. It's the first day of a new year and I don't want to spend it doing something peaceful and compassionate. I refused to allow the noise of my shit life to overwhelm me and prevent me from doing what I love on this day; KILL ANIMALS. So FINALLY I'm about to start the bloodshed, at this point in my shit life that's what I'm going to have to settle for."

    I love it when hunters call themselves sportsmen.. lol, sorry just laughed out loud again almost pissing my pants at this point. lol lol, such skill it takes to kill a defenseless creature with a weapon. lol you jerkoffs.

    ReplyDelete