November 25, 2009

New Day Dawning

 148

We got up the next morning for Tes to take pics of me and the most handsome fellow I’ve ever met.  (Billie, Henri and Trotter got in a few of the pics too! 

NHBShed090257

I spent the next few days in a variety of stands.  The weather had warmed up and the deer didn’t seem to be moving as much, but I got some beautiful turkey action.

170

A chance class at a Becoming an Outdoor Woman event and a new friendship (Thanks Billie!) have created a new woman. The guys at The Shed are beyond wonderful.  They took a novice hunter…and by novice I mean COMPLETELY GREEN…and helped me bag my first deer.  B.O.W., Billie, The Nomadic Hunting Babes and the guys at The Shed changed my life.  I will never be the same.  And I will be eternally grateful to them for it!

If you’d have told me a year ago that I’d be spending Halloween in a deer stand I would have laughed and called you crazy.  I have never felt more alive and more comfortable in my own skin than when my bow is my hand.   Life is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment